Thursday, March 20, 2014

Rose swirl cake

I decided to attempt a rose swirl cake for my daughter's 4th Princess birthday party. I usually don't venture too far out from my typical cupcakes and kept debating whether or not I should actually make this cake - I was nervous it would turn out awful and then she wouldn't have any cake for her party, but I knew if I didn't at least try making it I'd regret it.

Despite the few hiccups along the way - the biggest one being that I ran out of icing with only THREE roses left to go and needing my poor husband to drive out late at night to pick up more icing sugar, I'm actually really pleased with the final product! There's obviously some imperfections and it took me a lot longer than it probably should have to complete, but seeing the ecstatic look on my daughter's face when she saw it for the first time showed me that it was all worth it!!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment