Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Cilantro Thai Chicken Balls

Let me start off by saying just how much I LOVE cilantro. I think it might be a bit ridiculous just how much I love it. My husband thinks I'm crazy how I'm constantly searching for recipes containing it and then tripling the amount of cilantro that the recipe asks for. I'm not sure if I could have married him if he didn't like it (he's not nearly as big a fan, but at least he doesn't hate it like many people do). Or maybe, just maybe, he actually really hates it but he's in too deep now and is just too scared to tell me the truth. Hmmm....

Anyway....I had some ground chicken defrosting for dinner tonight and had this recipe saved in my favourites on All Recipes. I had made my own slightly modified version of them a few months ago and they were so moist and tasted so amazing. And....they have a nice amount of cilantro in them, so obviously I knew what I would be making tonight with my ground chicken.

Cilantro Thai Chicken Balls

1lb extra lean ground chicken
1 egg
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
1 cup (or more) chopped cilantro
2 tbsp lemon juice


Directions:

Chop up cilantro and combine in bowl with above ingredients. Mix together until ingredients are evenly distributed. Roll into balls; I prefer bigger balls (yea, I said it), but you can make them smaller if you want to make them as appetizers with some sweet chili sauce for dipping.


Pour some bread crumbs into a bowl and roll the chicken balls in the bread crumbs to coat them.


Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a skillet and place chicken balls in until just browned on the outside. Remove from skillet and place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until fully cooked.

Serve with some rice and a nice feta spinach salad to make for a lovely meal.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment