Saturday, March 3, 2012

Marmalade Meatloaf

If you're looking for an extremely flavourful, incredibly moist meatloaf, look no further than here!!

I'm really not a huge fan of meatloaf because I always find it's very dry, so I usually avoid making it altogether. I had ground beef defrosting in the fridge one day many months ago and for some reason really wanted to make meatloaf. I looked up recipes online but they all looked the same and nothing stood out as being different. Then I remembered how once when I was a kid, my mom had made either meatballs or meatloaf and somebody had told her to put marmalade into it. I just love marmalade so I remember it tasting so great.

Of course, being a huge fan of marmalade, I always have some on hand in the fridge, so I figured I'd whip up my own recipe for marmalade meatloaf. I was really impressed with how flavourful it turned out and how incredibly moist it was. Both Rachel and my husband devoured it and kept wanting more, so I now make it at least once or twice a month in this house and the husband has even requested it a number of times (coming from a meatloaf hater, himself).

Ingredients:

- 1 lb lean ground beef (you can also use ground pork, ground chicken, or ground turkey for a healthier option)
- 1/2 pack french onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup marmalade (I like to use more (about 1 cup) because I looove the flavour)
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- few handfuls of breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- frozen peas (optional)

With your hands, mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Place in loaf pan and bake at 375 degrees for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until fully cooked through.

Enjoy!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment